Monday, October 1, 2012

Collecting Update


So with the summer ending and the Hockey season starting without the National Hockey League it is depressing but I will manage with my collection. Over the summer the main option was to collect cards on eBay and send cards out to old former players which I accomplished with 2 player plus the Chicago Blackhawks Convention. Now I will stick to sending cards out to AHL and junior hockey league players who have been drafted and will hopefully make it big one day like Malcom Subban who could be big with the Bruins in a couple years. But for now if I can make a steal by getting a Skinner or Ebrele autograph in the mail that would be huge. I think sending to the farm team would make it a bit easier because although they do play they might get less mail or might loss some fan attraction especially when guys like Eberle and Hopkins have gone from a Oilers team in Edmonton to a Barons team in Oklahoma City which is not a Big hockey city. It's cheaper keeping it in the states with stamps too. Most likely I will try to start locally with the Rockford IceHogs who have current Hawks players like Nick Leddy, Marcus Kruger, and Andrew Shaw and then try the Chicago Wolves and Peoria Rivermen with some cards to different sets.

I just hope Upper Deck doesn't cancel any of their upcoming products like Series 1 or Artifacts (Which I pre ordered) so if that gets canceled that would suck. I might be going to a card show in November in Chicago and hopefully find some steals and deals for my pc's and projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment