Thursday, October 4, 2012

Patrick Roy: The Lost Rookies


There are some young Patrick Roy rookie cards out there including the most popular O-Pee-Chee and Topps version (Pictured) but there are other brands too.



With Sal over at Puck junk making an article on the 2003-04 Topps Lost Rookies which was a good read an I found out that the Topps Patrick Roy card I had was a Topps print remake of a card that would have been. I wasalways wondering if it is a reprint then where can I get the actaul card that was made in 1986 put then it turns out thatn it was never made until topps used a old base desing with and old picture of Roy. Though I wish they would have used the old fashon card board feeling with the old look to it so it would look like it was produced back in the day instead of it being a glossy paper card that looks recent.

Then I have another interesting Roy rookie card. It is using the same format and design of the 1986 O-Pee-Chee rookie but instead they decided to go with an alternative picture stating on the back that this was a photo not used but it was the second pick of. I am a big fan of it because it's a close up of his torso and white mask. Does it count as one of his actual rookie cards? Though I would wanted Upper Deck Young Guns to be around then even though Upper Deck didn't start their company until 2 years later in 1988. I might make some Superstar Young Guns soon with past Young Guns designs with Legends like Roy, Gretzky, Lemieux, Hull ect.

No comments:

Post a Comment