Monday, December 31, 2012

2012-2013 Collection Update

With this being the last day of 2012 and my last post of 2012. I thought I would post on the cards I have collected his year and what I will be collecting in the upcoming year. The pictures posted are my favorites of each collection.

I also will be moving into an apartment this week so the TTM's will be slow this they will be sent to my parents house and will be picked up on the weekend.
2003 Upper Deck Artistic Impressions. Pulled from last pack in box at LCS
The first and main collection is my Patrick Roy PC. A whole collection for my all-time favorite player that currently sits at 280 base/parallels/Inserts and 9 Game Used cards.  It's a collection that I love but hard to build fast when his inserts are pricey and his cards show every year (The Cup, Dominion, O-Pee-Chee, Black Diamond.. etc.) and that's for a retired player. But definetly look for me to add more Roy Cards to my collection. Which can bee seen Here (Patrick Roy Collection)

SP Authentic Dual Auto. Redeemed at Upper Deck for a Jon "Bones" Jones redemption Auto
The second PC goes to my guy Captain Serious. Even though I have been a Hawks fan for awhile he still is my favorite All Time Blackhawks player. A man with Great Leadership and great play style.  A wonderful player to collect but all comes with the same problem as Roy with cards showing every year (The Cup, Dominion, O-Pee-Chee, Black Diamond.. etc.) and inserts like Jersey's and Auto's are pricey being a top player in the league.

A different type of collection but still cool. Getting base cards signed is pretty cheap with most alumni signing through the mail. This is a set I see myself completing this set sometime (without Terry Sawchuk and Tim Horton) I have Rick Martin and Gump Worlsey down with Bernie Geoffrion being in a trade. The hardest to find will be an auto from Mario Lemieux. I have 34 out of 89 already signed and will add 3 more on February 1st so this will eventually get finished and framed. Collection Here (Fleer Greats)
Auto attained at Convention in November
 Another set that I and some other bloggers are trying to get signed. I have not added much to this collection as the NHL is on Lockout and the players are inaccessible. Though with an all white border autographs are sweet on these cards plus they are all about my favorite position of goaltender. Collection total 28 out of 100 (All Goalies)   
 The next collection comes down to Upper Deck's highly looked at Rookie Collection of Young Guns. Last years collection is the biggest and the most cards I have for Young Guns but It also helps to have the top 2 cards with 1st overall pick Ryan Nugent-Hopkins and Calder Memorial Trophy winner (Rookie of the year) and Avalanche captain Gabriel Landeskog. These are the 2 most pricey and high valued so this set will be eventually created plus these are a cool format for Young Guns. I have 26 cards from this set. I will be picking up cards from other years too. Young Guns can be seen here (Young Guns)
 Another Autographed set you have been seeing and will see more of in this upcoming year is Between the pipes. I have 5 years of this set and will be trying get most most of them signed. It's the Love of Goalies that's got me addicted.


The last small set I will be building will be this 2012--13 Certified Masked Marvel set. It's only a 20 card set so it is small and the cards with foil are really cool Definitely with the close ups on the goalies are sick.

Here's to another good year of collecting/buying/selling/trading and ttming.

1 comment:

  1. Hey,

    I've been reading your blog for a while now and I'm really enjoying it. Keep up the good work and good luck in the new year! I've noticed that you are a big fan of Patrick Roy. You probably know that he is the coach of the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL. I live not too far away from a QMJHL team and I often graph the away teams after games. The Remparts are passing through in late April so if you want me to get anything signed for you, feel free to shot me an e-mail;

    Thanks and good luck,

    Graham
    penguinsfan78@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete