Sunday, December 30, 2012

Cardboard Trade

So recently I made a trade with Paul from Card Boarded. If you look at his blog you will see the cards I sent him so here is the cards that he sent me.

 First cards of the trade, 4 new cards to add to my Jonathan Toews Collection
2 extra Toews

4 cards to add to my Chicago Blackhawks collectoion. These were a surprise to me, especially seeing the bottom Hossa is a Glossy Parallel. 

Next a silver parallel artifacts card of former Blackhawk Kris Versteeg.



3 Young Guns for a growing young gun collection.  I am not very familiar with the first 2 players but Enroth is the backup in Buffalo to Ryan Miller. So this in the future could be card of value.

And the Final card in our trade was this 2002 Atomic Jocelyn Thibault. Thibault otherwise called "TBO" was one of the best Blackhawks players during the 2000's and the blackhawks dead era, low attendance and low winning %. So I was definitely a big fan of him when I first became a Legit Hawks fan in the 1999-2000 season (I still was a Avalanche fan with Patrick Roy and their loaded team that was much more fun to watch compared to a failing Hawks team) . But about the card, I like the simple/ cool design but just wish that the swatch on the jersey was bigger. Though this is a card that I will be likely sending in the mail for Thibault to sign since that would add more value and would look cooler.

NOW, I have to give a HUGE thanks to Paul for this Trade both adding cards to our own PC's showing that one's trash (cards they don't want) and be another's treasure (Cards they want) or can be turned into cards you do want and actually care about.

This is also a simple way to connect and collect with others in the same hobby as you and can simply have fun. I am looking forward to doing more business from Paul or any other collectors. 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see they showed up safely and that you liked the extras. Thanks again for the trade!

    ReplyDelete