Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Organizing the sets


Since there was no mail for 2 day I thought I would post about what is given my TTM problems

Recently I realize I have a lot of card sets that I want to send out and get signed eventually completing them unless the include deceased players. You may see some of these sets on JonWayne's Autographs

1. 2001 Fleer Greats of the game: I have a pretty good dent in this set with 35 out of 89 signed even with 2 deceased players. But I will be seeing Tony Esposito, Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull in February so that will add 3 more plus the cards I currently have 13 cards in the mail from this set. Mario Lemieux is still my White Whale for the set.

2. 2011 Panini All Goalies: Now that the NHL is back in swing and the lockout is over it will be a bit easy to send in some more cards from this set.

Both of those have the simple white background behind the player pictures that make the signatures perfect to stick out.

Between the Pipes: I have 4 years of this set in a BIG Binder. The years I have are: 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09, 2009-10, and 2011-12. So there a ton of goalies to send out. I do not have the 2010-11 set because I do not really like the design of the future or current stars. But it is cool to have cards of the current stars in the future stars set like Carey Price, Halak, Hiller, Howard, Crawford, etc. Though In the Game made random sets that would be too much work to get signed. In the Game needs their NHL license back because it's cool seeing action shots of future goalies. I don't mind mask shots and closest but that is what Maksed Men is for to show goalie masks.

1. 2007-08: I'll start with this year becuse it is the first set I bought a box of and I have made the most progress on. I may have cheated a little bit though because I found a bunch at a card store near me.
Future Stars: 42/60, Stars of the Game 2/14,  Greats of the Game: 4/15=  43/98. 4 Sticker Auto's


2. 2006-07: My 3rd favorite design but I still have good progress on it. It is a 150 card set.

 Future Stars: 10/55, Stars of the Game: 0/22,  Greats: 4/27  (Best greats of the game design). They included inserts like: First round picks (goalies picked in the 1st round of the draft), Team Canada (goalies who have played for Canada in the Olympics and World Juniors), Immortals (Deceased players), Tandems, and Record Holders (which needs to be updated since Roy and Sawchuck do not own the most wins or shutouts in a career any more. That goes to Marty Brodeur)

3. 2009-10: This is a Huge 200 card base set that will be hard to complete but I really like the Future Stars and the Stars of the game designs. It wouldbe better if the Greats of the game had a lighter color to show autographs better. I will give them credit throwing some female goalies in the set and making the Immortals set actually look cool giving them a hanging in the rafters affect. Gump Worlsey joined the immortals that year after passing in 2007 but they actually have made a sticker autograph for him that year so that is pretty cool.

Futue Stars:4/86, Stars: 0, Greats: 2/43 


4. 2011-12: I was hoping to get a good start on this but JonWayne has already jumped a head of me. I thought this was going to be easier since they are more recent and can find the players. The circular design is the same in the 3 sets. I really thought that they should of stuck to Greats of the game with this set instead of going to decades and showing less of the goalies head shot. But I will give them props for the Stars 7 Stripes and La Belle Providence(goalies from Quebec) designs. I did buy this box online first before buying the complete set. I was a bit upset I did not get any major hits like the one's seen online but I beat the odds and pulled 3 auto's which was 1:8 packs with 18 packs per box

Future Stars: 4/63 Stars: 0, Decades: 2/51


2008-09: Not the best set but I mainly got them since the future stars design has the best look. A futuristic design with every card being a different color to match the goalies team colors though it was a nice suprise to find superstar Jonathan Quick in the set. The current stars have 13 cards and the greats which include deceased goalies have 18. But they also brought back the rival league from 2008 with a 9 card set.

But within these next 2 weeks a ton of cards will be sent out for these sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment