Monday, October 21, 2013

Blackhawks book and Blogging changes

First, If my blog is in your Blog Roll then you might change it, I changed it because it relates to hockey and will help viewers known that this is a Hockey Blog. Now on to the main post

As I made a post before I am trying to collect and get former Chicago Blackhawks to sign my 60 year book. The Blackhawks organization bring's some of their alumni to the games to sign this season and since my family has season tickets I usually get most of the autographs at every opportunity. Over this past 2 weeks I have received 3 autographs in the book totaling 5 total now.


First off was the Silver Jet, brother to Bobby "The golden Jet" Hull, who played from 1964 until 1978 and had a decent career putting up 654 Points (303 Goals, 351 Assits) which was pretty good but he was a little over shadowed when compared to both his brother Bobby and nephew Brett who are 2 Hall of Famers and had outstanding careers. Though Dennis did earn his spot on the 1972 Team Canada team that faced off against the Soviet Union in the Summit Series. Hull did pretty well then scoring 4 points (2 Goals, 2 Assists) in 4 Games played. 
Next on the book is Phil Russell, a man who has played a lot of games in his career. To have a long career in Professional hockey you have to be pretty good and Phil Russell definitely fit that type. Over his 1016 games he put up a total of 424 Points (99 Goals, 325 Assists) ,which is good for a defensman, but spending more time in the penalty box and totaling over  2,038 minutes in the sin bin.


Last Up is a guy to that played during the original six era with guys like Bobby Hull and Stan Mikita. Eric Nesterenko played from 1951 until he ended his NHL career in 1972. Nestrenko had a very long successful career netting 574 points (250 Goals, 324 Assists) in 1,219 games which included a Stanley Cup Championship in 1961, which was the last Chicago Cup before 2010 & 2013,

I'll probably make more posts every time I get 3-4 players so watch out for more this year.

1 comment:

  1. I didn't want to fight the crowd for the Nesterenko that was at the Blues game last week, so I am jealous you have that. But not as jealous as the season tickets you have. :)

    ReplyDelete