Thursday, January 30, 2014

A New PC: Here comes Corey

Cover to my Binder that I designed in Photoshop


So, As you might, or might not, know I have 2 Player Collections (PC's) going. The first is of my childhood idol Patrick Roy and that has amassed at least 300 cards. I am going to keep this collecting growing even with the card company's still making cards of him way past retirement.  

The second PC I have is for Chicago Blackhawks Captain Jonathan Toews, I am a HUGE fan of Toews and I like him a lot. It's just I am a goalie guy at heart and I was NEVER 100% satisfied with what the Blackhawks had in net and I didn't think Crawford would amount to much. So I will probably be holding off on Toews cards (not selling yet either) unless they become very cheap and locatable in card stores. 

Both PC's can be quite expensive with both players being very popular and collectible on today's market, and the prices for their memorabilia cards are way too high to collect. Also at the Card convention in the summer at Rosemont I found A LOT more Roy cards from dealers when most Toews cards felt non existant. 

After winning the Stanley Cup last season and signing a hefty 7 year contract, I think there is a lot of potential in Crawford and the collection of his cards. He's not a huge expensive player yet but his cards are in the median price range from $2.00-$5.00 for base & parallel and 15.00-$50.00 ranging in memorabilia. 

I will also be on the lookout for any if not ALL Antti Raanta Rookie cards that get produced in the upcoming year. 

All the links to my Photo Bucket are posted below







No comments:

Post a Comment